Monday 10 February 2020

Staying Alive.

How do you make blog posts when your emotional baseline is the lowest it’s ever been, and the bag of issues is growing so heavy that it’s threatening to pull you under?

I suppose I could mention that Uttoxeter Costa is undergoing something of a refit at the moment, and so today’s coffee break was taken in an environment resembling a building site. And the Costa girl with the fraulein-ish bunches was late arriving. She also didn’t have fraulein-ish bunches, but sideways ponytails instead. And she wasn’t wearing any socks, which I thought a little rash since the day was cold and her trousers ended above her ankles. It occurred to me that generations of wearing skirts and dresses has probably made the female of the species genetically predisposed to have warmer legs than the male.

And the burst of very heavy snow which began when I was shopping in Tesco made the drive home something of a nightmare. It didn’t help that the village school was disgorging its pupils early, just when I needed the relevant space to turn the car around in difficult circumstances. Did I mention that I hate winter?

No comments: