Friday 21 February 2020

Health Report and Some Speculation.

To those who read last night’s post about the visit to the hospital and might be interested in the outcome, here it is: I got the all clear for now.

And it seems the priestess and I had something in common today because she, too, was due to be subjected to the ministrations of a doctor. And so I wrote to her when I got back and asked ‘How was it for you?’ I naturally hoped that the question wouldn’t be misconstrued and lead to her coming over all faint and needing to lie down in a darkened room with a wetted handkerchief laid over her ivory brow. I doubt it because:

1. She’s Australian by birth and upbringing, and Aussie women are not much given to aping the sensibilities of English roses.

2. She’s ethnically Chinese, and although I’ve never seen her brow, I doubt very much that it would be ivory. I did think of changing it to yellow, but Chinese people don’t generally have yellow skin no matter how perilous they become (not unless they’re jaundiced, of course, and what reason would I have to presume such a condition?) Their skin is more likely to be a sort of dull white, pale tan, or tan-with-a-hint-of-olive. (I imagine it would be possible to obtain an expensive emulsion paint of that particular hue, but I really couldn’t be certain.)

And I just realised that I’ve never seen a Chinese person with freckles.

And I think I’m losing the plot.

No comments: