Wednesday 26 February 2020

Being Pushed to the Limit.

So now a cocktail of technology problems comes along to add their contribution to the health worries, the house issues and the family concerns. I’m getting perilously close to the end of my tether and asking why I’ve suddenly attracted the unwelcome attention of the more vindictive gods.

Technology issues are a double edged sword. First there’s the frustration engendered by the problem itself, and then the already maddening weight grows even greater when you try to get it sorted. And so another question presents itself: how has the unholy alliance of technology and the corporate world been allowed to bring us to such a dysfunctional state? British Telecommunications is the latest body on whom I wish damnation to perdition’s flame, and I dream fondly of the days when all you had to do was call a number and speak to somebody who knew how to help.

Those days seem to have gone, and I see no prospect of them returning. Even in the democratic west where power-obsessed psychopaths are a little less evident, pecuniary interest still holds sway in so many matters which matter. The rich have to get richer while society seethes. Profit is all. Resistance is useless.

And there’s an interesting little side issue in my case. I gather it’s now a well attested fact that stress has a deleterious effect on physical health. The vicious circle is gaining speed.

No comments: