Thursday 13 February 2020

Relief and Recollection.

The first of February’s dreaded happenings arrived today. It went better than expected and much relief was felt – so much relief, in fact, that I felt inclined to write something amusing to the blog. Unfortunately, nothing fit to amuse or promote amusement happened.

I did watch a film tonight, though, about a man remembering the events of a childhood summer. I realised through a reference in the script that these kids were exact contemporaries of mine, which explained why the popular music on the soundtrack was so evocative for me. And he had his first girlfriend that summer, just as I did. Mine was called Elaine Bailey. We moved house during the winter and I didn’t see Elaine again until I bumped into her at the factory where I had my first job after leaving school. She just about remembered me, but only just. Life doesn’t always mirror art.

More dreaded happenings to come, so the blog might be a bit sporadic for a while.

No comments: