Thursday 27 February 2020

Fearing the Talons.

I made my routine visit to the dentist today. No dramas, just an extended scale and polish. And the lovely Ms Medeea, late of Transylvania, was as lovely as ever. Ah, but here’s the rub when you have a female dentist and a female nurse.

There I was, a mere male of the species, lying supine and helpless while two women with instruments hovered over me like two ravens coveting a dead rabbit. I couldn’t help being struck by the suspicion, however unlikely, that they were about to take revenge for 10,000 years of male domination. And the suspicion was aggravated by the fact that the nurse wasn’t quite as good with the sucky thing as dental nurses usually are, which led me to wonder whether she was falling prey to an unconscious desire to drown me.

I survived. I think.

No comments: