Sunday 23 February 2020

Multiverse Questions.

I’ve read several accounts of instances recalling people undergoing odd experiences which are seemingly inexplicable unless you accept that they’ve switched into a parallel universe. It happens to me occasionally. (It does, really.)

But I always ask the question: what happens to the other version of them which belongs in that universe? Might they meet? And if they did, what would happen?

I think I have the answer now. It isn’t the body that switches, but only the consciousness. Presumably, the two versions do a consciousness swap. Which means that while I’m looking for the button which I know I put there this morning, another version of me is scratching his head and asking ‘What the hell is that button doing there?’

But two questions remain: 1. How do we know when we’re back? 2. Does it matter?

No comments: