Thursday 7 July 2016

Music for Post-Midnight.

It's been a while since I posted a music track. It sometimes seems a bit of a cop-out, but I don't see why it should. A favoured piece of music can express a taste more immediately and intimately than words can express an opinion. It can say an awful lot about a person.

This is a duet between a man from Brittany singing in Breton, and a woman from Finland singing in Sammi. It's a strange combination befitting a strange sort of person, and the hints of native North American combined with a compelling international rhythm lend it an other-worldly air.

I'm not so keen on the accompanying video. I think it's best listened to through closed eyes in a room with the lighting little and low, maybe with an intimate companion making minimal but meaningful contact. Time to shelve my imagination and slip out of the day.

No comments: