Monday 11 January 2016

Woes.

I wrote a post today on the laughable hype that the TV people are now loading onto their coverage of the good old game of snooker. I wrote half of it, then put it away. I wrote the second half, then put it away again. I did a complete re-write to change the thrust, and put it away a third time. I edited it, and then scrapped it.

Because you know what’s bothering me? (Well, actually, it’s currently lying third on a list of about seventeen.) I finally make some sort of resolution to stop drifting away from people, and suddenly people are drifting away from me. Who says God loves a sinner that repenteth?

And the only thing I could find to amuse me was a YouTube video featuring a man singing Ruby Tuesday in Japanese.

(The term ‘Arbroath smokies’ keeps running through my head. I never tried them before I turned vegetarian, and now it’s too late. Make that eighteen.)

2 comments:

Madeline said...

I would reconsider your commitment to vegetarianism if I were you. Arbroath smokies are delicious.

JJ said...

But it was an ethical decision, Mad. It would take more than the mere prospect of pleasure, however great, to encourage recanting a position so derived.