Wednesday 20 January 2016

Like Seedless Grapes, Only Orange.

Oh where have you been, my blue-eyed boy?
Where have you been my darling young one?
~Dylan. A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall 

I’ve been sulking. My internet was off for 24 hours and I’m nothing without the internet (I’m not much even with it, but without it I am but an empty vessel. I wonder how that came about.) I might make a post later on the progress of my life during the lean period, but for now I just want to mention today’s mystery:

I’m curious to know how supermarkets manage to extract all the flavour from carrots. I wonder whether they have a machine which removes it, then stores it in a vat to be used for making carrot cake or artificial tanning lotion or something. It’s really very clever, and it surprises me that they don’t sell their carrots in bags proudly proclaiming:

PREMIUM FLAVOURLESS CARROTS

… and then charge twice as much for them. Maybe I should write to Sainsbury’s and hope for a commission on the extra profit.

No comments: