Wednesday 24 September 2014

Inconsequential.

HT54 just followed me all the way from Ashbourne. It's the first time that HT54 or anything connected with it has ever followed me anywhere, a fact which I concede is as inconsequential as it is uninteresting. The only reason I mention it is that HT54 remains oddly compelling, however much I try to excise its pernicious charm.

*  *  *

Ms Wong is becoming a little demanding. She sent me an e-mail last night saying, in effect:

'Talk to me now! I've had a difficult day and I'm in need of light relief. Witter on about something, or even tell me a joke (as long as it isn't the one about the white horse called Kevin.)'

Alas, the joke about the white horse called Kevin is the only joke I know, so I wittered. Fortunately, I'm very fond of Ms Wong.

*  *  *

This psychological equivalent of a duodenal ulcer which nags and nags all day every day just won't settle down. I had a duodenal ulcer once. The similarities are remarkable.

No comments: