Monday 29 September 2014

A Tale of Two Women and Goldilocks.

I spoke to a woman from the Shire this evening. Her dog led me to her. (Don’t they ever?) She was the first person I spoke to after I moved here in May, 2006, and I remember thinking at the time that there was something oddly familiar about her, and yet something else just as oddly mysterious. I had the same feeling tonight, even though we haven’t spoken in 8½ years. She has a way of looking at you which suggests she knows something you don’t, or maybe has some kind of power that is not for your understanding. I have no doubt that it’s all a product of my fertile and often feckless imagination, and yet life does occasionally weave strange patterns.

Meanwhile, the ex-Priestess is re-defining sordid. I have no reason to care, and so I choose not to.

It’s too early to be making this post. It belongs to the post-midnight period when a different JJ inhabits a different universe and doesn’t care who’s listening or how weird they think he is. Some mornings I read posts I made late the previous night and wonder who the hell has been sitting in my chair, eating my porridge.

No comments: