Sunday 16 July 2017

The Real Discovery Channel.

You know, for all I complain about certain aspects of YouTube, it has one great quality which makes it a force for good in the world.

Music has been one of my greatest preoccupations for most of my life, but when I discovered YouTube about five years ago it broadened my horizons quite astonishingly. I was like the beetle that’s lived under a car in a garage all its life, then one day ventured out, found the crack under the garage door, and seen the sky and the trees (and a bunch of idiot humans as well, but never mind.)

Take this piece by my two new sisters, for example (I just adopted them.) It almost blows me off my chair, and I have to ask whether I would ever have found it if it hadn’t been for YouTube. Most unlikely, so allow me to be magnanimous for once and give credit where it’s due.

No comments: