Saturday 8 July 2017

A Bug and a Beast and the Late Lady B.

I’ve been pondering all afternoon whether I should write the post about the firefly, the warthog and the deep, dark jungle. Eventually I decided to desist because you never know who might read your blog and feelings might get hurt. I don’t like hurting people’s feelings.

On the other hand, it did occur to me that the Lady Bella might read it from beyond the grave and be amused because she would recognise herself as the firefly. But that would be inadequate compensation for hurt feelings in other quarters, so I stand by my decision. Maybe I’ll make it another day if it still represents a relevant issue.

By the way, didn’t I mention that the Lady Bella is no longer with us? I didn’t? Oh, sorry. Her alter-ego is alive and well and looking utterly radiant, but dear Bella rang down the curtain and joined the choir invisible a few weeks ago. My grief at her passing will take some time to be assuaged.

And with the grief comes the frustration – all the things I would so like to say but will never get the chance. And then there’s the question she once promised to answer and which will remain a mystery until my own grave yawns as it waits to be fed.

Ah well, I suppose such is the way of things in the matter of life, death and allegories.

No comments: