Friday 22 August 2014

Cults and the Corporate World.

Ms Wong is home now from her week of connection with the corporate world. She sent me an e-mail telling me all about the woefulness of the experience, but remarked on how odd it is that when you’re there with ‘like-minded’ people, you get carried along with the whole thing. ‘Aha,’ I thought, ‘that’s the key to it. The corporate world is a cult.’

That’s it in a nutshell really, isn’t it? A bunch of like-minded people brainwashed into the corporate mentality and an unthinking allegiance to the brand, and all speaking a strange dialect, one of the Earnestspeak group. And I daresay some would even be prepared to lay their bodies on the line for the cause. They do, after all, go paintballing in the Yorkshire Dales for the express purpose of bonding with other members of the cult. Bonding is so important in cults. That’s one of the reasons I dislike them so much.

No comments: