Wednesday 27 August 2014

A Hint of a Wind.

I woke up in a terrible bad mood today, and I’ve been in a terrible bad mood ever since. So what do you make blog posts about when you’re in a terrible bad mood – when you’re tired of talking about yourself but feeling too introspective to talk about anything else?

Nothing. You don’t make one. You stay quiet and get on with painting the bathroom. That’s OK.

But then tonight I was listening to Liam Clancy’s version of The Parting Glass, which I haven’t heard for what seems a very long time, and I came across a comment which said:

‘I’m an American but I have Irish decendents (sic.)’

Well, I’m an Englishman and I have a strange sense of humour. This is the first thing that’s come close to picking me up all day. I think the Sargasso Sea is claiming me for its own, but a gentle breeze just briefly blew.

So I talked about myself after all. Sorry.

No comments: