Tuesday 10 September 2013

Two Sides of Me.

You may rest assured that being reduced to making one post a day is a cause of some shame, especially since I’ve also developed the habit of relying on YouTube videos to provide the body. I feel that I'm copping out. The problem is that I’ve grown a little tired of the regular themes, and so I have little to express in my own words at the moment.

So, anyone who revels in acoustic guitar played finger-picking style might find Martin Simpson’s Medley of Celtic Airs six minutes of bliss, as I do. This is what I would have spent much of my life doing, had there been somebody to teach me the technique when I was a lad. I tried to work it out, but failed. It wouldn’t have made my life any happier, but it might have provided some aesthetic vindication for my forays into the pit.


On a more positive note, I’m now going to do something I’ve never done before: use two YouTube videos in the same post. This one represents my aspirational side. I might have failed in the music stakes, but I can still aspire to toilet duck standard in the matter of hard liquor.


No comments: