Wednesday 18 September 2013

A Teutonic Revelation.

This YouTube track is my latest drug. I think I must have listened to it twenty times last night, VERY LOUD through the headset. It’s even usurped Laurel and Hardy.

The two women are, as ever, the very epitome of restrained sexuality, and what really amazed me was the pregnant one walking through the cloisters. I usually think pregnant women look merely lumpy and unbalanced, but she looked like she’d stepped straight off the set of The Wicker Man.

More than that: I’ve never heard the German language sound so lyrical, the bald guy with the big drum looked like my kind of guy for a change, and I definitely want a hurdy gurdy and a top hat. Pity about the neo-Boy George singer whose study-in-effete fell somewhat short of counterpointing the full blooded femininity of the women, but they do say that true perfection is defined by the single imperfection, so I suppose we can let that one go.

The title, by the way, means ‘this cold night.’ I looked it up.  


No comments: