Thursday 19 September 2013

Jottings of Little Consequence.

Somebody called me a ‘wizard-like being’ tonight. Well, she’s only known me for about eight years, so she has a long way to go yet. Nevertheless, I thought I might start signing myself:

JJ Beazley MA (Hogwarts, failed.)

*  *  *

Back in the real world, I did something tonight that I don’t think I’ve ever done before. When I was putting my shirt on after my shower, I observed the way I fastened the buttons. I’m sure I do it the same way as everybody else, but it’s actually quite clever and well co-ordinated. Seems we humans aren’t so dumb after all.

*  *  *

And I’m in thrall to the dark haired woman in Faun. There’s magic about her. It’s in the eyes. I’m sure she is, to put it simply, a beautiful witch. It’s her voice that makes the chorus of Diese kalte Nacht so powerful, and her eyes that are the main reason why I keep on watching the damn video over and over again.

*  *  *

Tonight’s speciality beer is Harbour IPA, from Cornwall. Cornwall is said to have the highest pagan population of any county in England, and there’s a sad story on the back of the bottle about a giant octopus. This poor creature was renowned for saving people’s lives by guiding seafarers safely into harbour, but was given to eating the local sheep, so they killed it.

*  *  *

I had a door shut firmly in my face today. It didn’t so much sting as produce a dull ache that gathered weight as the day progressed. Zoe and Leila came to the rescue, bless them. I think it’s time I died or something, to save everybody the trouble.

*  *  *

Finally, there was a woman in Ashbourne who looked like Bjork, but she was fully dressed and didn’t wail, so she probably wasn’t.

No comments: