Saturday 28 September 2013

Mists by Any Other Name Would Smell of Fish.

I swear somebody should compile a book of YouTube comments – the sort you pick up and browse through every so often for a giggle. My latest find comes from the Roxy Music track Avalon.

One man left the comment:

‘What is Avalon? No google!!!’

…to which he got the reply:

‘is a kind of shellfish, very rare n very expensive!!!’

…which attracted a second reply from a guy with his nose in the air:

‘The ‘shellfish’ you refer to is ABALONE, not Avalon. Avalon is an old Arthurian myth.’

Hilarious, aren’t they? And to think, Avalon is to be the name of my first daughter in my next life (her mama and I are agreed.) I hope this page will still be in circulation.

2 comments:

andrea kiss said...

Ah, YouTube comments are the best.

Makes me think of this... Alex came home from somewhere, work maybe, one day and was in a bad mood... when i asked him what was wrong he said he was surrounded by morons the whole day and listening to them talk to each other was like listening to a bunch of people reading off YouTube comments. I thought it was funny. That's the type of conversation i'd like listen in on.

JJ said...

But only briefly. Having it all day would get a little tiresome.