Saturday 21 September 2013

Having Nothing to Offer.

You wouldn’t think that a day spent taking train rides, followed by five hours in the city centre talking to one friend, one complete stranger, and one person I met only once about six months ago could offer up no material for a blog post, would you? It didn’t. Unless, that is, you count the fresh cream doughnut I had with my lunch. A fresh cream doughnut is a rare treat, and about as close as I get to hedonistic behaviour these days.

Ah, but one thing did go well on the technology front. My ailing vacuum cleaner no longer sucks. That is, it sucks very well indeed, so well in fact that any unsuspecting cat that comes within six feet of it will be playing a lead role in a Tom and Jerry cartoon. It took a length of garden hose and some effort, but now it works better than it did when it was new. Thank you to the man from Vax who put me onto the garden hose trick. I wish I’d thought of it myself. I’m ashamed that I didn’t.

And I’ve been watching Manpreet and Naina again. Manpreet has the form of a gazelle and moves with all the sinuous grace of a seductive snake. If only John the Baptist’s head was still attached.

No comments: