Tuesday 7 May 2013

The Shire Today.

So let’s see, what did life in the Shire consist of today?

1) The lawn got its second mow.

2) Some more undercoating got done in the kitchen.

3) The movable thing that was undercoated yesterday got its top coat today.

4) The greenhouse got watered.

5) So did the little foxglove plants that I’ve stuck optimistically in a patch of earth on the verge. I think Mrs Thing from the big house might have been wondering what the hell I was up to when she drove past in the car. And it wasn't even dark...

6) I went for a walk along Church Lane in the sunshine and didn’t crumble to dust.

7) Madeline got a comment from me on her blog. It seems we’re both drawn to places full of stones and dead people. Maybe that’s because neither stones nor dead people ask awkward questions or expect you to pay for the coffee. I can only speak for myself, of course.

And if you think that’s exciting, watch this from the real Shire. It’s a little something for fans of LOTR who are big enough to take one on the chin. It’s a lot funnier than I expected.

‘Seriously. Even dead folks come back to life whiter.’

You need the context, so watch the trailer.


No comments: