Wednesday 22 May 2013

Oh No, not LOTR Again...

I wonder whether I’ll ever stop making posts about LOTR. When I’ve taken the sailing ship with Granddad Gandalf and the elves and gone to wherever it’s going, maybe. (I didn’t get that bit, by the way. Where was it going?) So anyway…

I’m not posting this so you can listen to the music, you understand (although some of it is quite nice.) I’m posting it because it’s my favourite picture of Arwen. ‘So why should we want to see your favourite picture of Arwen?’ you might ask. Because it’s my blog?

This is one of the scenes missing from the theatrical version. It’s the one in which Aragorn does his knowing look, and Arwen does the silent wince. It’s really rather touching.

And some young woman left a comment on the clip, which said ‘I wanna be an elf!’ Which is also rather touching, in a juvenile sort of way. But then some bloke comes back with ‘Join me… and you shall be!’ Where do they get them from? I liked the Indian man who left a comment on another clip, which said:

Only film. Not real. :)

And I’ve noticed that a lot of the commenters on LOTR compilations evidently come from the ranks of the converted, because they comment under LOTR-themed usernames, often taking one of the characters as the base. Do you think they’d let me have LeglessinLothlorien?

So, drum-roll-and-fanfare: My favourite picture of Arwen (and some nice music to go with it if you can be bothered.)


(Pity about the woman in the back row who looks like she's trying to curdle the milk, but I suppose it makes a nice contrast.)

No comments: