Friday 31 May 2013

A Green Lady and a Blonde from Suffolk.

I never made the weekly Ashbourne post yesterday. That was partly because I didn’t feel like writing yesterday (except for one e-mail that I was quite proud of) and partly because Ashbourne was as boring as it always is these days. And maybe I was still suffering an attack of delirium tremens as a result of doing something in Ashbourne the previous week that I never do:

I bought something from a charity shop just because I liked it.

Why did I do that? I never do that. Having always been short of financially comfortable to varying degrees, it’s always been my policy to buy things only because they’re routine purchases (like food) or because I have an acute need of them (like a new fridge freezer.) I don’t buy things just because I like them.

It was a tall jade ornament with a Japanese woman carved into the front; and now I’ve got it, I don’t know where to put it. That’ll teach me to go buying things just because I like them, won’t it?

Anyway, tonight I have the company of a blonde from Suffolk. She’s more pleasant than exciting, and she’s made from Hallertau hops with a proportion of East Anglian wheat to give her a delicious yeasty flavour. That’s what it says on the bottle, which is green and a rather nice shape. Maybe I should put it next to the jade figurine when I’ve found somewhere to put the jade figurine.

No comments: