Monday 29 April 2019

Taking the Message.

In tonight’s episode of House, Lisa Cuddy took on the might of the American healthcare system and came up trumps. But of course, Trumps wasn’t in the White House when that show was aired. If he had been, no doubt he would have had something to tweet on the matter – something along the lines of the show’s producers being unpatriotic, I suppose.

But the healers were able to cheer while the insurance provider’s chief negotiator had the opportunity to address her as ‘bitch.’ Interestingly, she was also addressed as ‘bitch’ by the nasty nurse who had been fired for stealing meds. I suspect we were meant to recognise a parallel mentality, and so I did.

It has to be said, however, that in order to achieve the ethically justified result, Cuddy had to play the role of bitch and use dirty tactics. I think we were meant to conclude that things work like that over there. And so I did.

No comments: