Tuesday 23 April 2019

An American's Comment on America.

Legal Disclaimer:
I hereby absolve myself of any responsibility for anything, reasonable or otherwise, which may be inferred from the contents of this post. Ahem…


*  *  *
I just watched the 2004 remake of The Manchurian Candidate. It was most notable for the proliferation of men dressed up as Christmas trees (I think they were American army officers), a woman pretending to be somebody else (I think it was Margaret Thatcher), and a hell of a lot of chimpanzees behaving like chimpanzees but dressed up as people (I think they were the American electorate.) And I liked the fact that all the sinister people with brains were Brits, and all the good guys were black. If you don’t believe me, watch the damn movie.

I’m not sure what Jonathan Demme’s intention was in making this film, but it was most interesting.

No comments: