Sunday 16 December 2018

On Things Turning Up.

I keep getting ladybirds crawling across my monitor screen. It’s December and they’re supposed to be deep into hibernation, but I just had another one. And they’re not easy to catch and remove to a place of relative safety, being small, fragile and possessed of a go away, I’m having fun attitude. I managed it, but for how long?

But at least they have no air of mystery about them, which can’t be said of the hacksaw blade I found lying on the seat of my computer chair earlier. I know it wasn’t there at six o’clock when I vacuumed the chair seat, but it was there when I returned from my shower at 8 o’clock. I’ve had nothing to do with hacksaws or their blades since I nipped some ivy on my lilac bushes over a year ago, so how it came to be lying on my chair this evening is a complete mystery. I’ve stretched my mind every which way to think of an explanation, but nothing is coming through.

These things happen to me, you know. They always have.

No comments: