Monday 10 December 2018

A Rare Positive Film Review.

I watched a British film tonight called A Street Cat Named Bob and enjoyed it more than most films I’ve watched lately. It’s based on a true story about a homeless man and the feline friend who stays with him through thick and thin, even managing to do a high five without being taught.

And the point is that although Bob is adorable and the co-star of the film, it isn’t just about the cat. It’s about homelessness and helplessness and trials and courage and uncaring bureaucracy and relationships and the way in which some human beings react to other human beings. And in the end it’s about a thoroughly nice guy making it through against the odds. I suppose that was what impressed me most because it showed that people are capable of achieving success in the realest sense without being psychopaths, bullies or wealthy morons.

Oh, and I suppose I should mention that the protagonist achieved his elevation from the gutter with help from two exceptional young women, thus amply demonstrating that wisdom is not the sole preserve of the aged ones and youth most certainly not wasted on the young.

(And I really must get around to making that post about the nature of importance. Sometimes I have trouble understanding human priorities.)

No comments: