Saturday 15 December 2018

Lost in a Blank Canvas.

I keep feeling the urge to write a post around this piece of music:

  
Every time I hear the 30sec intro I get the impression that I’m being plunged into a situation ripe with excitement and the prospect of pleasure and discovery. And it happens again when I hear the instrumental with clappy bits in the middle. The problem is that I can’t for the life of me put a bloody picture to it, so how do I write a post about looking at a blank canvas?

I think it might have something to do with taking a road trip with an attractive-but-mysterious woman through the Scottish Highlands while the sky glowers in that peculiarly Highland manner and thunder rumbles in the distance. But I can’t be sure. Another possibility high on the list would be meeting a wood or water nymph deep in some dark wildwood somewhere in the Celtic fringes with only my personality for defence (which I sort of did once, but failed miserably. And did she make me pay for my failure! It’s a long and private story which formed the basis of The Rain Maiden. Blessings be upon you, lady, if you should happen to stumble onto my blog.)

*  *  *

And another thing. What’s up with YouTube tonight? It’s doing all sorts of idiotic and irritating things. I wonder whether the person who used to compile Google’s ‘Images for…’ section got fired for incompetence and is now running YouTube.

*  *  *

My house is even colder tonight. I wanted a mug of hot chocolate earlier but I’ve developed a sensitive tooth which reacts in an unfriendly manner to hot things. So now I want some cheese. It’s one of my foremost addictions. I think it might be linked with an overactive imagination and I suspect the nargles are behind it.

No comments: