Thursday 13 December 2018

A Short Muse on Longing and Dreaming.

Lost to sadness and a sense of longing tonight.

One shouldn’t long. The Buddhists say so and I happen to agree with them. Longing is an extended form of desire and desire leads ultimately to suffering. OK; sorted.

But what about that fat woman who sang:

You got to have a dream
If you don’t have a dream
How you gonna have a dream come true?

I heard it on the radio as a kid and it became a sort of mantra. And since I’ve never fully grown up, it sort of still is.

So is longing and having a dream the same thing or two different ones? Gets complicated, doesn’t it, life?

And I don’t know why I’m scribbling this bit of a post. I suppose it’s because I’m about to go to bed and I don’t like doing so on an empty finger. I don’t know whether it’s pointlessly shallow or actually quite deep. I never do when I’m about to go to bed.

Have to be up and out early tomorrow. Hate getting up early. Hate alarm clocks. They stink of authority. My house is cold tonight.

No comments: