Tuesday 6 October 2015

Taking Refuge in Fiction.

I had an email today from a man called Hiram T Peckinstuff III. He’s an executive producer from an indie film company in New York City, and he tells me that they want to adapt my novel for their next major movie venture. He apologised most sincerely for the fact that they’re not in a position to offer the kind of money Hollywood has available, but he hoped I might consider $500,000 for the film rights plus royalties to be negotiated. He also asked that I come to NYC to discuss the matter, offering to pay for all flights, accommodation, and the provision of a limo to get me around town. Now all I have to do is decide whether to:

1. Accept his proposal.

2. Accept in principle, but ask for a higher rights fee.

3. Hold out in expectation of MGM making a better offer.

This is the first time I’ve ever posted a complete lie on my blog.

*  *  *

And did you know that the only time the earth stood still was on 7th April 1952 at 0231 BST? The earth stopped rotating for precisely 2.7 nanoseconds.

Lying on my blog is becoming a frivolous habit. Must stop.

No comments: