Monday 19 October 2015

Extending the Options.

Last night I responded to a comment on YouTube from a young man whose profile showed him to be from Texas, and who styled himself Proud Hispanic. Thug.

He’s utterly fascinating, being at best semi-literate and seemingly quite at ease using words like ‘fag’ and imprecations like ‘burn nigga.’ In all my ramblings through the smelly subterranean caverns of YouTube, I’ve never encountered anyone quite as Orc-ish.

Being so outrageously over the top, his comments and language didn’t annoy me; rather I was intrigued and wanted to know all about his upbringing in the hope of discovering some reason for how he came to be what he is today. I even felt an inkling of sympathy for him, believe it or not. I suspect he probably had a challenging childhood.

So there’s my next life beginning to take shape. If I don’t make the grade as an astronaut, I might set my sights on clinical psychology instead. The psychologists will probably be a bit surer of their ground by then. (And it all depends, of course, on my not being born a three-legged goat on the island of Rum, which would be just my luck and probably no better than I deserve.)

No comments: