1. Some Americans are so worth knowing that I actually want to know them.
2. Some Africans and Asians project a rare beauty that’s hard to find among white folks. Africans and South Asians tend to glow; the Chinese are more likely to beguile.
3. Some Germans can sing songs other than the Bavarian drinking variety. (I learned the difference between leder and lieder a long time ago when a Dane corrected my pronunciation of lederhosen.)
4. Some Brits are best kept anchored in a slurry pit.
5. There’s nothing actually wrong with me, I’m just a type. An eminent psychotherapist told me that quite a long time ago, and I’ve finally decided he was probably right.
They took a long time coming. (And please note: this post is consciously whimsical. I would probably bleed if shot.)