Saturday 19 October 2013

The Fall and the Frolics.

I took a tumble today while trimming a high hedge. The full circumstances would be too tedious to recount; suffice it to say that it involved a greasy wooden plank which became suddenly possessed of the notion that it wasn’t a wooden plank at all, but a snowboard.

‘Wheee,’ it went as it slid.

‘Shit!’ I thought as I knew there was nothing for it but to take the fall.

Having learned long ago that the best way to take a fall is to relax, there were no wrecks and nobody drownded. And upon subsequently rising to a sitting position, it was easy to see the funny side. If only there had been a garden pond in place, it would have been pure Laurel and Hardy.

And succour was to bestow its beneficent bounty a mere hour later, for I was finally able to engage in hugs and kisses with a beautiful lady for the first time in a long time. Well, not kisses exactly, licks to be precise. And, to be even more precise, she licked while I snuggled into a long, furry, black and grey ear. I felt better already, already.

No comments: