Saturday 12 October 2013

Risking Being Misunderstood.

I just put a negative comment on an Omnia track on YouTube, so I expect I’m about to get sworn at in either Dutch or Welsh. I might even get called a troll, even though the comment was articulate and contained not a hint of bad language.

You should have read the abuse I got hurled at me when I said I didn’t like the picture of a woman’s leg they used on a Roxy Music track. They didn’t appreciate the fact that I’m a connoisseur of legs, so I know what I’m talking about. Still, as long as it’s in Dutch or Welsh, I expect it will sail over my head. Or maybe I should stick to Laurel and Hardy or Lady Gaga in future.

And while I’m on the subject of misunderstanding, I read a news report today in which some fire brigade chief complained about a woman who dialled 999 because she’d found a spider on her pillow. 

What’s he complaining about? They’re happy enough to attend kittens stuck up trees, aren’t they? And kittens don’t terrify anybody, do they? So you’d think they’d be more understanding of an arachnophobiac, wouldn’t you? You would.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The police were very understanding last week when I dialed 911 to report thugs trying to break down our door. (It was Maddie using a hammer upstairs, to put up a picture).

n.

JJ said...

Surprised they didn't arrest the kid for disturbing the peace. Oh, and I hope you've checked that she knocked the nail in the right way round. You know what she's like.