Monday 14 October 2013

Notes of No Consequence.

There’s a trend going on at the moment, vis-à-vis the Shire and me. It may be summarised with the phrases ‘always just too late’ and ‘noticing, but going unnoticed.’ That just about sums up my history.

*  *  *

Isn’t it odd how the hair on the crown of your head which you can still run your fingers through magically disappears when you look in the mirror?

*  *  *

The cheap shop in Uttoxeter is almost devoid of real coffee at the moment. They have lots of the instant variety, but the only proper stuff they have is a single brand of medium strength. To my mind, medium strength coffee belongs in the suburbs, which I don’t, so I’m currently running down my last three week's supply of Café de Paris. I like the packet as well as the coffee. It’s red and has lots of French words on it, not the least of them being Intense writ in large letters at the top. I’m going out on a limb a bit here, but I’m prepared to hazard a guess that intense is probably French for ‘intense,’ only said in a funny accent to confuse the English.

*  *  *

The blood blister I got where the pliers bit me is now a neat round black spot close to the base of my thumb. I look as though I have a plant disease caused by a fungus.

No comments: