Wednesday 12 May 2010

Opposites Attract?

Been kept on the go today – from getting up ’til gone midnight – so no time for a proper post. Just a quick aside, however.

Have you noticed how you can have an awful lot in common with somebody, and yet not feel comfortable with them? And then you can find somebody so completely different, but really enjoy their company. It seems that compatibility has less to do with attitudes and interests, and far more with that elusive thing called chemistry.

But when you find somebody with both... What a rare treat.

Discuss.

(Or not, as you please.)

7 comments:

lucy said...

I think maybe it's something about that person that just intrigues you. Maybe it's their different lifestyle or interests or just their view on life.

Or maybe you just feel the chemistry for no apparent reason. Sometimes it's just like that :)

JJ said...

I like to think it's something to do with subtle energies.

Shayna said...

Jeff, yes ... 'subtle energies' - electricities & magnetic properties. 'Things' that words fall a bit short of defining.

Jessica said...

When I feel a chemistry with someone with whom I have nothing in common, it seems to fizzle--as does a relationship that lacks chemistry but is forced due to many things in common. Having both is indeed a rare and special thing.

JJ said...

Greetings Jessica. If I'd known you were going to visit, I'd have had the coffee brewing.

That's what I find interesting. If the chemistry is there, it doesn't fizzle for me - not unless they support one of the few things that are absolute no, no's with me. I'm imperfect and have limits.

Thank you so much for the comment.

Charlotte Tea said...

I went out with a boy who, on paper, I should have fallen in love with instantly. He was good-looking, he was clever, he liked me a lot. What's more, he was a Harry Potter Nerd like me, even admitting that he went on Mugglenet.com. But, it just didn't feel right. To be cliche - there was no chemistry. But there is another boy, who is arrogant and doesn't like Harry Potter (who actually insulted it)and who doesn't like me back. But him? I really, really like.
Life sucks.

JJ said...

Well, there you are then. Alternatively, you might just have masochistic tendencies.

Life doesn't really suck. You just have some exploring to do. Suggest you enjoy it while it lasts.