Monday 24 May 2010

Having Slept On It...

I was thinking of deleting the last post. In the cold light of day it seemed like nothing more than one of those sudden, almost involuntary, growls we utter when anxiety has been sitting imp-like on our shoulder all day, and a couple of drinks have led us to want to swat it rather than try to ignore it. I’ve been told – by two different people – that my ‘clan totem’ is the bear, and bears are expected to growl now and then, aren’t they?

But then I realised that ‘Am I entitled to be here?’ is actually quite a profound question. It branches out into several other questions that are fundamental not only to the way life is lived – our systems, mores, conditioning, and so on – but to the very nature of life itself.

So I decided to leave it up. And I’m choosing to be enigmatic. Lunchtime.

No comments: