Tuesday 4 May 2010

Misunderstanding.

Like dear Roisin, I feel addicted to blogging, too. And I’ve been busy again today, so I thought I’d post a joke.

According to the incomparable Ken Doherty, this really happened. It helps if you can imagine Irish and Chinese accents.

There was a championship snooker match between Paddy, an Irishman, and Frankie, a Chinaman. Frankie had a ‘miss’ called against him, which he protested fiercely. Paddy supported it, of course, since it helped him to go on and win the frame. At the end of the frame, Frankie slammed his cue on the table and stormed off to the loo. On his way back he encountered Paddy coming the other way. He stopped him and wagged his finger.

‘Out of order, Paddy,’ he said. ‘Out of order!’

‘Don’t you come over tellin’ me what is and isn’t out of order,’ said Paddy, getting in a strop. ‘That was definitely a miss!’

‘No, no,’ said Frankie. ‘Sign on toilets. Out of Order.’