Wednesday 5 May 2010

Another Security Issue.

The President of the small Russian region of Kalmyia, one Kirsan Ilyumzhinov, has claimed in a TV interview that he went aboard a spaceship and talked with aliens. A Russian MP has demanded an inquiry into the matter, not only because he questions whether Mr Ilyumzhinov is fit for office, but also because he is concerned that the aliens might have been made privy to Russian state secrets. The best that can be said of the MP is that this is what we in Britain call a ‘belt and braces’ approach.

One question does arise, however. If there really are beings from another world or an alternate dimension visiting us, it would be reasonable to suppose that they have vastly superior technology. I doubt they would have much to learn from us in that respect. Further, I fail to see any obvious reason why they would be interested in the concept of ‘state’ secrets. They might be a security threat, but on a galactic scale not an international one.

What strikes me as more likely is that they were negotiating for the spread of the McDonalds franchise in Russia. They might want to see the Russian kids too fat to fight as well. That just leaves the Chinese...

2 comments:

lucy said...

Jeff, you are hilarious! And this post was highly amusing. I especially liked the part where an MP is wondering whether the President is fit for office. I, personally, don't think he is.

I mean, if he didn't (and I don't doubt this) meet with "aliens" then there's definitely something going on "up there". Or else it's some kind of conspiracy, but somehow I doubt that.

If, however, he *did* meet with "aliens", then that's a worrying matter. Not just for Russia, but on an international scale too because, undoubtedly, it could affect the entire world.

But then again, I doubt this last scenario.

JJ said...

Well, I don't know. Could be that the aliens are nice guys who have a plan to get us all to see sense at last. Or the CIA might have given him some of their jungle juice that makes you believe anything. But he probably just wanted the publicity. Or maybe he's tired of being President but doesn't like to resign. I dunno. Nice to see you, Lucy.