Wednesday 11 October 2017

Categories and Upheavals.

It has come to my notice that my blog posts might broadly be categorised into five types:

Those which pretend to be serious

Those which pretend to be funny

Those which pretend to be ironic

Those which pretend to show a window on my world, past and present

Those which pretend to give the impression that I’m old, ugly, useless and slightly insane

Erm…

Nothing much happened today unless you count the young guy in Sainsbury’s who stopped me and said ‘we’ve got stoneground wholemeal bread again.’ (Being remembered for your complaints is really exciting.)

Chloe wasn’t there to either talk or complain to, and I couldn’t be bothered to complain about anything to the woman I usually complain to either. She was wearing one of those contraptions which connect the ear to the mouth a là Thunderbirds Are Go, which is most intimidating because they give the impression that the wearer is far too busy engaging with managers, the emergency services, Mission Control, Will Smith and random aliens to be bothered with mere customers.

And it looks like I’ll soon be giving Sainsbury’s the push anyway because they’re bringing in a techno version of the Stasi to ensure that riff-raff like me don’t take liberties with the Rules of State in the matter of parking. Perception is the whole of the life experience, and one of my current perceptions is that Sainsbury’s standards are seriously slipping.

Whoops, I forgot category #6: the Sainsbury’s Post. Where would Wednesday be without a Sainsbury’s post? Indeed, where will Wednesday be without a Sainsbury’s post? I suppose it will have to become a Tesco post instead, only it will probably be on a Monday. Will I cope with the rigours of refugee status?

No comments: