Saturday 14 October 2017

A Minor but Enigmatic Horror.

Just as I was drifting into sleep last night a huge, black, wolf-like dog leapt at me from the darkness. It came from my right side and a little behind me, and its jaws were aimed at my head. I pushed it away, sat up in bed breathing heavily, muttered ‘what the hell was that?’ and eventually went back to sleep. I think it would be fair to say that it was the most frightening dream I’ve ever had.

And of course, speculation might be offered as to its cause and implications, but I’m ill-qualified to judge and so I’ll just have to hope that it doesn’t happen again.
 
Edited to add. February 2021
 
This post was made a month before I had the show of blood which led me to consult my doctor two months later. Subsequent investigation revealed that I had a cancer in one of my kidneys, a condition likely to prove fatal in about two years if not addressed. I had the kidney removed in March 2018. Speculations of a more concrete nature may now be made with regard to the origin of the beast, although the shaman and the psychologist would probably differ in their diagnosis.

No comments: