Wednesday 4 October 2017

Avoiding the Running Sores.

It might be remembered that I used to be a fan of the German band, Faun. There’s a track of theirs called Odin among my YouTube recommendations tonight, but I’m declining to watch it because I know that, with a title like that, my masochistic tendency would force my eyes (under protest) to the comment section. And there I would no doubt find example after example of German and Scandinavian neo-Nazis spouting prejudice, racial hatred, and a wealth of historical misconceptions like puss from a festering abscess. And then my generally pejorative attitude towards the human race would swell even further to bursting point.

(One advantage of being a misanthrope is that you have little concept of ‘us and them’, so you’re rarely tempted to take sides.)

No comments: