Saturday 28 October 2017

Avoiding the Subject.

Do you want to know another reason why I don’t mention the Lady B so much these days? It’s because there’s the merest outside possibility that she still reads this blog occasionally. If she does, I fear she might suspect a fixation and that such a suspicion would make her feel uncomfortable.

I doubt very much that she ever does read it, which is why I’m taking the risk of making this post, but you never know. The thing is, you see, if I have one qualification which entitles me to the epithet ‘gentleman’, it is that I am steadfast in my resolution not to cause discomfort to Lady Bs.

(I did jot a little poem about her recently, though, which included the line like waves upon a deep green sea. Isn’t that nice? But you’re not getting any more so don’t ask.)

No comments: