Friday 11 August 2017

The Lager Effect.

Tonight’s beer is a continental lager which comes in a very attractive bottle and has a most interesting quality: being 5.5%ABV and also being lager, it makes you drunk before you’ve even tasted it. That’s because it doesn’t taste of anything. Lager never does. I don’t know why people drink the stuff; I don’t know why I bought this bottle.

Oh yes I do. It’s because it was cheap, came in a very attractive bottle, and was 5.5%ABV. It is, therefore, high on anaesthetizing function and kind on the pocket, even though the taste buds are left standing around saying ‘what the hell are we doing here?’

Tonight I was going to make the post on whether age brings wisdom, but I don’t think I‘ll bother. I might make it tomorrow or I might not. The problem with tomorrows is that they always bring the dreaded imperative to get out of bed wondering whether I’ll survive another day in a human body, whether I’ll fall apart, or whether I’ll stay inside my shell and hope that nobody wants to say ‘hello.’ They usually don’t.

Do I know where hell is? Hell is in ‘hello.’
~ Paint Your Wagon.

Priestesses, the Venerable Borg, and Lady B’s ghost are excepted.

No comments: