Sunday 20 August 2017

In Lieu of a Real Post.

I’m at the end of my tether with internet and phone problems at the moment, and in a pretty bad mood generally as a result of several other issues. I find it difficult to write blog posts when I’m in a pretty bad mood (except whingey ones, which put me in an even worse one) so I thought I’d keep the ball rolling by repeating a few lines of an email I sent last night.

It was a reply to one I received five months ago, and I decided it was about time I paid the lady – who just happens to be one of my very few special people – the courtesy of a response. I decided to throw some thoughts off the top of my head, so it ended up being rather long since having thoughts is one of the few things I’m good at. The following is a small fragment:

I still want to see the aurora before I die. Sometimes I think I want to die sooner rather than later. So did Schubert.

I’m currently very taken with Albinoni’s Adagio, even though he didn’t write it.

I’m also very taken with the Tan twins from Singapore. They play the ruan and guzheng with great skill and spell their forenames with a hyphen: Su-Min and Su-Hui. The combination of Su-Min’s eyes and Su-Hui’s hands fairly represent my view of heaven, and their music belongs there.

(There was a reason for mentioning the hyphen. It's complicated.)

So there you have it. It might not be a very interesting post, but at least it's a lot less whingey than it might have been. And here's a picture of the Tan twins, just in case you're curious. It might lead you to wonder how on earth I got to be this age without ever really growing up.


And you know what? I sent that email nearly 24 hours ago and I haven't had a reply yet. I'm not the most patient of people.

No comments: