Saturday 12 August 2017

America's Little Issue.

Today I’ve been reading about the primitive little minds in America which haven’t yet come to terms with the fact that the abolition of slavery was a good thing. It struck me as interesting that in spite of their white supremacist convictions, the good old racists of Virginia should sometimes ape Islamic jihadist methodology. And I thought it an odd coincidence that the term alt-right is only one letter different from all right.

The woman I talk to in Sainsbury’s is much travelled, but she told me the other day that she’d never been to America. ‘Wouldn’t want to,’ she continued, ‘especially now.’ You can sort of understand why, can’t you?

Sometimes I fret a little for good Americans, and I’m glad that I think the latter day bearers of the Klan tradition are going to lose.

No comments: