Wednesday 26 November 2014

Adulteration and Bits.

The Daleks at Google have destroyed about the last six months of my YouTube Watch History, taking the whole thing back to a place it was at last summer. On first discovering this disaster I was mortified, but then I realised it was quite interesting to see what I was watching and listening to six months ago. Accordingly, I watched and listened to some of it again. Being transported back to the reality I was living in back then was like thumbing through an old photograph album, and I came across this little curio:

Somebody had put a comment on the official video to Faun’s Dies Kalte Nacht. It said:

‘so… this is what pure, unadulterated sex sounds like… in song form.’

It’s an opinion of sorts, I suppose, and therefore to be respected. Nevertheless, I’m curious to know what adulterated sex is.

*  *  *

The post I was going to make about how an American actress in a TV programme pronounced ‘Derbyshire’ didn’t get made. I came to my senses just in time and saw how boring it would be.

*  *  *

Those who read yesterday’s final post might be pleased to know that I made it through the night and am now sampling the Johnnie Walker. It isn’t half bad, which is more than can be said of me.

No comments: