Friday 3 January 2014

Collecting Firsts.

You know all that stuff about China in recent blog posts? Well, tonight Kuan Yin’s handmaiden turned up. And I don’t mean on YouTube, either.

I wouldn’t dream of elucidating on a statement that is both purposefully bald and necessarily cryptic; I doubt I have the writing skills to do justice to the complexity of the whole story. The reason for mentioning it in a blog post, apart from wondering at the synchronicity involved, is to chronicle the fact that it’s yet another first. (Is that five or six now? I don’t remember.)

When people get a shock, they’re wont to say ‘I thought I was dreaming.’ Only they didn’t, not really; it’s just a cliché. Tonight, for the very first time in my life, I genuinely thought I might be hallucinating. It’s a strange, unsettling sort of feeling, I can tell you. It makes your nerve ends tingle and your brain feel as though it might be dissolving. But it’s kinda fun, too. And it’s another one of those meaningless experiences that we collect and shove in a bag with all the others, while the tyrant Time continues to remind us that the road only goes one way.

No comments: