Friday 21 June 2013

The Cheating Game.

I’ve now come across several examples on YouTube of two pieces of music – Adiemus and Now we are Free – being wrongly attributed to Enya. At first I thought it was due to ignorance on the part of the uploaders, but now I suspect differently. I suspect that at least some of them do it so as to get more hits. Enya has a wide international following, far greater I should think than either Karl Jenkins or Lisa Gerrard, so I’m sure it probably works. And I’m also sure that many people regard cheating as a legitimate way of getting the desired result in any endeavour.

Should that concern me? I don’t know. Does the game of life have to be played by inviolable rules? I don’t know. It just seems a bit of a shame for Karl Jenkins and Lisa Gerrard.

No comments: