Tuesday 25 June 2013

The Breakdowns Saga Continued.

Remember the post I made recently about all the things that have broken down and needed to be replaced over the past two years? There were eight of them, but I forgot two – the mobile phone and the landline phone. That’s ten.

Today it was the turn of the hedge trimmer; it seems the motor has packed up, and such things aren’t worth repairing so that’s another sixty quid or so I’ll have to splash out. (That’s about $100 in real money.) And it’s now eleven items of equipment. Where will it end?

I can’t afford to keep replacing these things. My income keeps me just about ticking over in a fairly frugal lifestyle; it doesn’t provide any spare to keep replenishing a little pot marked ‘Lots of dosh to deal with an express trainload of breakdowns.’ It doesn’t. And I’m already not the happiest bloke on the block for all sorts of reasons, so it isn’t freggin’ fair!

No comments: